NICKENICH, Germany (May 13rd, 2008) -- Monkeybread Software releases version 8.3 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic. The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which extend the REALbasic development environment with over 1000 classes featuring over 20000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements of REALbasic and your operation system itself. While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X (universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year. After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional year.
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS' website as one big package or several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 8.3:
* Fixed plugins so they are compatible with RB 2008r2.
* Updated RBZ project to version 1.1. Thanks to Nick Lockwood.
* Added DateDifferenceMBS.Constructor.
* Added NewPictureMBS function.
* The Java classes now load automatically the newest java virtual machine found on a Windows computer.
* Added QTTrackMBS.SetAudioChannelLayout.
* Added JavaDatabaseMBS class. Use JDBC to use databases.
* Added HIViewMBS.CreateImage function.
* Added StripNonPrintableCharactersMBS function.
* Added a few ImageMagick methods for layering.
* Added new plugin to help clearing the caches.
* Added Windows MAPI classes.
* Added the Ansi functions for DynaPDF. Unicode is better for most users, but some need 8 bit string encoding.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml or visit the list archive at http://www.macsw.de/listarchive/.