A client recently asked what is new in SQL and ChartDirector plugin. This question is not easy to answer. First we have a lot of shared code between our plugins. The picture handling, the string handling, the file access and a lot of other key areas as common between plugins. A fix for one plugin, fixes it for all. But a few things are unique to plugins. So I found this items for this year:
ChartDirector plugin changes:
- Overloaded most ChartDirector plugin functions to take color values in addition to integer color values. This should make use in Real Studio easier for most people.
- The addCustomAggregateLabel, addCustomDataLabel, addCustomGroupLabel methods of the CDLayerMBS class now return the textbox they create.
- Updated picture functions to work with Cocoa and Web Edition.
- Updated to SQLAPI++ from 3.7.33 to 3.8.1.
- Added SQLValueMBS.setAsDate and SQLValueReadMBS.asDate.
- Added SQLPreparedStatementMBS class so you can use prepared statements with our SQL Plugin, too.
- Added FetchFirst, FetchLast and FetchPrior to SQLCommandMBS class.
- Fixed SQLDatabaseMBS.Connect method for console targets.
- Renamed SQLDatabaseMBS.GetConnecton to GetConnection.