« MBS Real Studio Plugi… | Home | More notes »

Bug report closed: Won't fix


If you filled a bug and got this status as an answer after waiting some time, it can be disappointing. Whether it's Real Software, Apple or some other software vendor.

If I report a bug, I'm never sure whether it is a bug or just my fault. I'm not sure whether it's going to be fixed or not. And if it is fixed, will I get it soon? Will they fix my old version with .1 version update or do I have to wait for the next major update?

With the decision of not fixing the bug, the status is clear. I can now find a workaround or decide myself that I won't fix it. Sometimes I would prefer if the companies answer soon that they won't fix it than if I have to wait years just to get a message that the problem is no longer reproducible.

What do you think?
25 10 11 - 14:12
two comments

I’d much rather know that a bug wasn’t going to be fixed (or feature request not implemented) than be left hanging for a long time. If I know something isn’t going to work, I’ll work around it rather than waiting for it to be fixed.
Tom Catchesides (URL) - 25 10 11 - 15:17

I agree. Tell me sooner than later. The more information I know sooner, the better the decisions I can make.
scott boss (Email) - 25 10 11 - 18:30


  
Remember personal info?

Emoticons / Textile


Notify:
Hide email:

Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.