Here are 10 little improvements for the Real Studio framework. Each of them is not worth for me to put them into my top cases, but still they could be done quickly by a RS engineer:
- 2640: new 'UserTextChange' event in editfields and combo boxes
Simply add UserChanged parameter to TextChange events.
- 12593: Combobox needs command to open list of choices
Just like pushbutton.push a method to trigger the combo box.
- 12703: OutOfBoundsException exceptions should have details.
The code that raises it could pass some parameters like index, bounds and variable name.
- 12922: Break on property value change
Simply set breakpoint for properties and internally for a debug run RS could change them into computer properties with breakpoint in the assignment.
- 14183: Allow Args() functionality in GUI applications
The arguments are there, simply store them in array for later access
- 14230: Add Tag As Variant property to Timer Class and modify the Action event to pass it in.
Tag properties are always a great idea for any class.
- 14479: Add tag property to memory block
So we can pass owner object for a ptr based memoryblock.
- 15791: Allow Join and Split with variant arrays
Or variant() to string() operator maybe?
- 7742: add a runtimeException.ClassName property
Would save us initialization of introspection in cases where app may not be stable.
- 1094: Please add a Constructor to the RunTimeException class