You can code sign a runtime on Mavericks. But you have to do more work than you might expect:
- You need to fix the frameworks and include the missing symlinks codesign misses.
- You have to remove some PPC only libraries to have codesign not complain about them not being signed.
- You can remove some PPC code (like our Runtime Shrinker app does).
- You can remove duplicate libraries (like our Runtime Shrinker app does).
- You code sign each of the frameworks.
- Than you code sign the dylib.
- Finally you sign the app.
You can verify that by running in Terminal running "codesign -v -v " plus path to the app.
Our final terminal script: signscript.zip