Nickenich, Germany (March 2nd, 2016) -- Monkeybread Software releases version 2.0 of the MBS Updater Kit
The MBS Updater Kit helps you in adding an automatic update feature to your application.
Version 2.0 improves the Kit for use with Xojo.
- Crossplatform update engine for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Full Source code access.
- Using Sparkle on Mac OS X for updating and our own code for Windows.
- Includes all code and help to setup Sparkle for Windows.
- Includes script file for Inno Setup engine. (you can use others if you like)
- Using digital signatures on Mac and MD5 Checksum on Windows to ensure download integrity.
- Includes generator for XML file for your server and code to parse this file and find newer versions.
- Sparkle now resizes in Frameworks folder for better code signing compatibility.
- Added CURL support for downloading on Windows. This allows client SSL certificates, proxies and HTTP/1.1.
- Fixed minor bugs with load/save preferences in case you run on Linux and we want to avoid RegistryAccessErrorException.
- Updated to Sparkle 1.13.1
- Can work for 64-bit targets, too.
- Can download Linux installer, too.
(Complete Set recommended)
The Updater Kit is available for $99 USD or 79 Euro (+VAT if needed).
You can learn more and try the sample application on our website.