After two weeks of conferences I am on my way back home.
This was an exhausting, but also entertaining and very interesting time. I met a lot of people, had shop talk all day and developed new stuff on the fly.
The Dallas FileMaker user group moved their meeting date for me and over 20 users attended. Next in Houston I met about 100 Xojo developers at the yearly Xojo developer conference including all the Xojo staff. This week in Salzburg at the FileMaker Conference I met around 200 FileMaker developers from German speaking countries.
As usual I spend only a little time in sessions. More important for me is the time in the lobby where people show me their projects, explain what issues they have and what functions they'd like to have. I can show what features my plugins have, what may help the client and how we can proceed. Some people even have projects for me I could do and some are interested in personal consulting or training services.
As you may have noticed, I am coding in-between and writing blog articles. For Xojo I hoped for a 64-bit debugger sooner as I worked the last weeks on a CloudKit plugin. Still I hope to get it done and debugged in the next weeks, so you guys can try it.
For FileMaker we got a couple of news:
- Scrollbar Elasticity in FileMaker
- DynaPDF and Styled Text, Xojo vs. FileMaker
- FileMaker iOS App SDK 15.0.2
- An award for the MBS FileMaker Plugin
- Open script by contextual menu
- Run Java Code from FileMaker
I am looking forward to meet you at the next conferences:
- The European Xojo conference in Berlin in May 2017
- The FileMaker Unconference in Berlin in June 2017
- The FileMaker DevCon in Phoenix, Arizona in July 2017
- The German FileMaker Conference again in Salzburg in October 2017