Xojo, Inc just announced the release of their new version Xojo 2019 Release 1. You can download it on the website.
It includes over 200 improvements, such as:
- Significant improvements to performance of Layout Editor, especially with web projects
- The free Xojo Pi license now lets you build for Console and Desktop
- Improvements to URLConnection: SendSync now works with threads, added a new HTTPStatus property, URLConnection also now appears in Library for desktop projects
- 32-bit Windows builds use OS app manifest
- Spell checking now also supported in TextArea on Linux
- Dynamic Constants are now referred to as Localized Strings
- General AutoComplete improvements
As usual a good mix of a few new features and lots of bug fixes. We are looking forward to XDC to see what big features they are working on.
For me an important change is the buffer size on SSLSocket, which has been increased to 256K instead of tiny 8 kilo bytes. The annoying GTK+ warnings are also gone. What is your favorite new thing?
See also Xojo 2019 R1 review by Bob Keeney.
PS: MBS Xojo Plugins in version 19.1 are working perfectly with the new Xojo version.