Current MBS Plugins in version 16.4/5 support all REALbasic, Real Studio and Xojo versions from 2006r4 to 2016r4. Ten years!
The minimum is REALbasic 2006r4 as that is the version introducing 64-bit numbers. Plugins without 64-bit integers may even work in older versions.
And as far as I know a lot of a couple of developers still need older versions:
- REALbasic 2007r3, the last one to build for Mac OS 9.
- REALbasic 2008r1, the last one to build single file exe for Windows.
- Real Studio 2011r3, the last one to build for Mac OS X with PowerPC.
- Real Studio 2011r4.3, the last one to build for Mac OS X 10.4.
- Real Studio 2012r2.1, the last one to build for Mac OS X 10.5 and the last one before Xojo IDE started.
- Xojo 2013r3.3, the last one to build for Mac OS X 10.6.
- Xojo 2015r2.4, the last one to build for Windows XP.
- Xojo 2015r4, the last one to not use universal runtime on Windows.
Technically you can use an older Real Studio version from 5 years ago and build a Mac app to use the latest plugins and add TouchBar support for latest MacBook Pro.
We modified the plugin interface to make sure we use the right data structures for each SDK version as well as use different SDK functions depending on the versions. Some things changed over years and we love to keep things working. So we have quite a few switches which check the Xojo/Real Studio version to decide what to do.